Monday, February 9, 2009

Skype discussion

I was trying to think of some "fun" thing I've discovered that I could talk about with the class on February 16th. It suddenly hit me that I've just discovered Skype. Well, I didn't discover it in the same way Al Gore discovered the Internet, but it's a new technology to me.

As I thought about it I realized there must be some classroom applications for Skype, after all in some ways it is more powerful technology than moos and blogs. On Skype you can see the person you are talking to, you can write a chat, you can make conference calls and talk to up to 10 people at a time. So, between now and the 16th, I'll do research on Skype, learn more about it and see if and/or how others are using it in classrooms. I'm excited to talk about this new technology with my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment