Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A comedic comment on the new technologies

Louis CK is a comedian who makes a lot of routines social commentaries. Here is a video in which he is on Conan O'Brian's show commenting on the millenials' use of technology, and their lack of patience. It's titled "Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy":

http://barefootmeg.multiply.com/video/item/56

It's interesting to think about his comments. As someone who grew up with the rotary phones he talks about, I can, on one hand, identify with his irritation with those who are impatient when their phone is slow, and on the other hand, I, too, have gotten used to the speed of technology and feel impatient with it when it doesn't work the way it can (and should).

You can learn more about Louis CK from his MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/louisck

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to "Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy." I don't usually do this but had to email the link directly to my brother and my son. Thanks for the Friday afternoon hilarity.

    ReplyDelete