Wow! My head was spinning when I went to bed last night after our lively class discussion. There were so many interesting ideas floating around, lots of responses to the ideas, and challenging multi-tasking going on. It was exciting, but difficult at the same time to be mooing while going out on the internet to see some of the resources people were talking about. I wanted to keep up with the moo, but when people continued to moo as I looked at a webpage, I fell behind.
My head was also spinning from learning how much technology there is out there that I haven't been aware of or haven't known how to use. There is so much to learn!
Students gave good introductions to various technologies--blogs, wikis, twitter, e-portfolios, etc.-- each of which I want to know more about. They also gave good examples of how they can be used in the classroom. I don't think a teacher can, nor should, use all the different technologies but it's good to know about them in order to be able to decide which is best for the goals of the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remember that you can always go back and check the MOO log for URLs or ideas you might have missed. This past Monday's log is available at http://web.stcloudstate.edu/jmkilborn/021609MOO.html. All the MOO logs are linked from the bottom of our Content page on D2L and are announced in D2L News.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Judy. I'll remember that and I'm sure I'll use it.
ReplyDelete