Friday, April 10, 2009

Technology meets Religion

When churches started playing rock gospel music with guitars and drums, that was one thing. But now...the passion play on Twitter? Can it be?

A New York City church, founded in 1697, has joined the technology age and Tweeted the entire passion play, "in 140 character bursts," for three hours today.

You can read about it here.

I've never used Twitter myself. But I find it difficult to believe that anyone would have the patience to read through three hours of 140 character bursts. Was that an exercise in futility?

Well, I did a little more digging and found that there were many, many comments posted about the Passion Play. It looks like a lot of people followed it.

I also found a link on the church's website with the Tweets. Here's the link. Perhaps it wasn't three-hours worth of reading. Maybe it was a small number of tweets published over a three-hour period. Cody, as our Twitter expert, can you tell me more about this?

1 comment:

  1. Good grief. This is interesting. Thanks for blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete